Wednesday, July 28, 2010

First Offer!

Well, the 1 am interview went well and I have my first offer on the table from Korea. It sounds like a lovely school in a good location on the east coast. There is another English teacher there who is around my age, so I would have someone to talk to in English! :-) I am so excited about the offer! I would head to Korea just after Labor Day, so things would have to move along quickly. Can you imagine living near the ocean year round? The fall and spring are supposed to be simply wonderful there. The pictures of the area are beautiful. I hope to make a final decision by Friday, as I have two more interviews in different areas of the country tonight.

Concerns: What the heck am I going to eat?? What if the kids don't like me?? What if I hate it? What if my apartment is crappy? What am I going to do with all my stuff here?

Exciting things: Experience with another culture! Living somewhere totally different for a year! I get to TEACH!! The schools in Korea want foreign teachers to teach English! I could go to the ocean all the time! Fresh seafood! mmmm....

I guess I will keep my prayer of asking God to open the door wide for where I am supposed to go and close the others. On with the adventure!!

2 comments:

  1. Angie, Korea is awesome. BTW...if I go there right now, I would, that's how Awesome it is. I lived there for almost 2 years. You will find plenty to eat...as long as you're not a picky eater. If you do go, you should check out some local spots in downtown Cincy so you have an idea of what to expect. And do not worry about the kids liking you, they love Americans. I think they will be more respectful and cheerful than most American kids. Fyi...English is not foreign to their culture, the younger generations know English pretty well.

    Keep me updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could be really awesome for you, Angie. I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete