Thursday, July 29, 2010

I need to get a "what"???

This morning was spent scurrying from the police department for a notarized background check, to the Secretary of State office for an Apostille, to the County Clerk's office for notarization of the notary signatures, then back to the Secretary of State office to get everything stamped with an Apostille (since we did not get the notary's signature notarized by the county before going the first time) in order to get a Visa permitting me to work in S. Korea. Whew!! Oh! What's an Apostille, you ask? Hmmm...good question! I didn't even know until last week!

According to http://definitions.uslegal.com/a/apostille/, and apostille is defined as "a means of authenticating a signature on a document that is recognized by an international body." Hmph! Who knew such a thing existed? (Ok, so all of you international workers out there knew; I didn't. lol) Anyway, you can click on the link for more details, but maybe you learned a fun new word today that no one can really seem to agree on how to pronounce.

Aside from running to Walgreens later to get a couple of passport sized pictures, all of my other paperwork is in order to be sent to S. Korea via Fed-Ex to apply for the Visa. Rumor has it that sometimes a Visa can be denied for really no apparent reason. I sure hope that is not the case with me. So far everything has been pretty smooth sailing. I just hope that continues! Cross your fingers and say a prayer for quick turnaround of this step. Stay tuned for more from...Adventures by Angela!

No comments:

Post a Comment