Saturday, July 31, 2010

Package Mailed....now what ??

I have taken all of my happy little Apostilled documents, paperwork and such to the local Fed-Ex office and spent $47 to mail it to S. Korea in hopes of getting my Visa. My recruiter seems to think I should have no problem and advised me to get my affairs in order to make the trek to a nice little school on the east coast near Pohang, S. Korea. Okay!! :-)

So, what do I need to do to get my affairs in order? Well, I already have the boys taken care of, so that would be the biggest issue and it is already done! Yay! I went to Wal-Mart last night and they had storage tubs on sale for $4.00 each. I bought ten so I can start packing things up to go to storage. Oh, I suppose I should find a storage unit. lol I will look into that today. I am selling my Jeep and quite a bit of my furniture. Almost all of it is second-hand stuff anyway, so I always try to make sure it goes to someone who really needs it whenever I get rid of things. My mother is interested in buying my Jeep, so I won't have to worry about storing it. I was going to buy a new car next year anyway, so now I just get to live without one for a year!I suppose other than packing and moving things to storage, I am pretty well set!

I visited the CAM Cincinnati Asian Market last night to see what kind of goodies I could find so I could have a tasty treat upon arriving in Korea. I found some cookies, some peanut candy and aloe water. I have only tried the cookies so far, and they were quite good. I think I will have to pack some Pop-Tarts and granola bars initially until I can figure out what to eat!



I pulled out the two largest suitcases I own and started packing some sweaters and other cold weather gear in the giant suitcase along with some pictures and "home" things I want to be sure to have. I am realizing I don't wear many of the clothes in my closet, so this is not much of a challenge to pull out my favorite warm fuzzies that still fit! lol Although, with all the walking and veggies I will be eating over there, I am counting on losing quite a bit of weight! I also packed several sticks of Secret, as I am told deodorant is hard to find over there. I am hoping with my Veteran status I will be able to shop at the PX on the Army base for any American goodies I may need.

Today will be spent trying to organize and sort and label all of my belongings. It's really hard to pack for a year. The only time I ever had to do that was when I was in the Army and they gave me clothes to wear! lol Regardless, I am very much looking forward to this grand adventure. Now it is just a waiting game to see if the Visa comes through. Keep your fingers crossed and your prayers a'comin'! Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. I just checked the the tracking number on the Fed-Ex package. My documents are in Busan, S. Korea and are sheduled to arrive at the recruiting office today! They will then be sent to the government for approval of the Visa. Keep your fingers crossed and your prayers going up! I am slowly disassembling my life here in preparation for my year in Korea. This is a total leap of faith!

    ReplyDelete