Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Waiting....and waiting...

One of the hardest things in the world for me to do is WAIT. Actually, I think it may be hard for a lot of people. Right now I am waiting on quite a few things and each thing is dependent on something else. The big wait is the Visa. Once that gets approved, things will speed along pretty fast. I have a buyer for my car (thanks, Mom!), someone is coming to look at some of my furniture tomorrow (Yay!), the storage unit has been reserved (started with a 5x10...traded up to a 10x10), boxes are filling up, being taped and labeled, and the boys are all set. It's a regular roller coaster, but I am totally lovin' the ride!

The recruiter told me yesterday all of my paperwork is in order and was on it's way for approval. She says I should know in 7-10 business days.

Ugh...wait, wait, wait. So, my friends, we wait. Until then... :-)

4 comments:

  1. I remember that feeling. I went through all of that, too: selling the car and furniture, packing and storing belongings, waiting for the visa and paperwork...! It was a huge process. I remember thinking, "I can't wait to get to Korea and see my classroom and meet my students!"

    Three months in, life has definitely slowed down. I am loving being settled in to a new place, but I am still amazed at how quickly I basically liquidated my life in order to move here.

    Good luck with all of your preparations! And my advice? Enjoy waiting! This is part of the mental preparation it takes to move 7,000 miles around the world. Savor these days in the U.S. because no matter how much you love Korea you may very well long for home at some point. Anyway, I'll stop preaching! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jaclyn! I don't mind your "preaching" or comments...I enjoy them!! You are my link to the "other side" right now and your experience and wisdom, no matter how brief, is more than I have right now! I'm still waiting! I did, however, find a very cheap way to get to and from Chicago for the final interview with th Korean Consulate. Like you, I am a bit annoyed at having to go to Chicago, but I am committed to the process!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "One of the hardest things in the world for me to do is WAIT". I DO understand that! It can be difficult to 'wait' for documents etc... QUESTION: From which parent did you inherit your impatience from??? (tee-hee) LOL!! I am so pleased that everything is coming together for you. You always have loved any new adventure that came your way. (I wonder where you got THAT little trait from) I Love You

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure I got that from my Mother, Mama1952. My mother is very impatient and I am sure she was a gypsy in a former life. lol

    ReplyDelete