Saturday, August 21, 2010

More preparations...

I finally got through to the Korean Consulate in Chicago to schedule my appointment for my Visa to be stamped into my passport. They only do them on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. The only time she had available next week was Wednesday at 10:20 a.m. I really had no choice, except I was supposed to be taking Bryan the rest of his things that day and had rented a truck to do so. Now what? Well, I had to reschedule everything and move things up a few days. After two hours of thinking, planning, and juggling tasks, here is what finally transpired:

Saturday: Pick up truck to take things to storage

Sunday: Pack up the rest of Bryan's things into the truck and drive them to him. Truck is a one-way rental (yes, it was cheaper that way) then catch the Amtrak train back to Cincinnati from Huntington, WV. Hmmm...I need to find someone to pick me up. I'll work on that...haha.

Monday: "Normal" day of work and more packing.

Tuesday: Dentist at 8:30 a.m., (gotta stay cavity free! 40 years is a long time to hold a "cavity-free" record!), then head to downtown Cincinnati to catch the Megabus (oh, yeah!) to Chicago, which leaves at 2:30p.m. 7:00p.m. I will arrive in Downtown Chicago and walk two blocks to my $35 deal of a hotel room (thanks, friend)!

Wednesday: Head over to the Korean Consulate office and complete the final Visa processing then hop on the Megabus at 3:00 p.m. to come back to Cincinnati. Whew! So glad I don't have to drive!!

The remainder of the week will be spent sorting and packing up the few remaining items in my place, then figuring out where I am going to sleep for eight days until I leave.

I am excited. I am nervous. I am scared. I am empowered.

How will this all turn out? Who knows? Not everyone understands why I am doing this and believes I am running away. The reality is that I am not running "from" anything. I am running "to" an opportunity. This is an opportunity for me personally as well as for my teaching career. I am taking time for me, just me. I am doing something because I want to and not because I am expected to because of a status. Some may call it selfish. Maybe it is. All I know is I feel a calm and peace about this decision that I have not felt in a long, long time about decisions I have made.

At the bottom of my blog page, there is a song list of songs that have inspired me. One of those songs is, "Live Like You Were Dying". Listen to it. Hear the words. Understand the message. Life will simply pass us by if we don't go out there and grab it and take it. We will get out of life what we put into it. I believe that, and I don't want to be old and gray sitting around wishing I would have taken a chance and done something I really wanted to do.

Friends, if you are reading this, you know how much my friends and family mean to me. You know I am passionate about what I believe in and can be a bit stubborn. (stop laughing...I hear you!) You do need to know this. People may come and go in my life; some stay longer than others. You are all important to me and have played some role in my life. I will miss you and think of you often. You will be in my prayers and thoughts daily. I may be halfway around the world, but that doesn't change the way I feel for any of you. Ya know?? :-) Besides, we always have Facebook!! lol

Well, the moving truck awaits and I have gotten sappy enough today. Time to move the boxes. Preparations continue. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment