Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Oh, Where Is My Visa???

I talked to my recruiter from Korea last night and my Visa is "in process" and should be approved by the end of the week. One of the hardest things to do is W.A.I.T. Of course, while I am waiting, it has given me quite a bit of time to prepare myself mentally and get all of my "worldly" affairs in order.

Part of getting my affairs in order has to do with my two boys. Brandon (19 y.o. son) and his girlfriend came over for dinner tonight. I really wanted to get a good feel on what he is thinking of my adventure and how he is feeling about me being gone for a year. Surprisingly, he is very supportive! He works a lot, spends time with his girlfriend, and hangs out with his Grandpa pretty often. I feel good about where he is in his life and believe he is going to be just fine with me being over 7,000 miles away. Wow, that is far!

My youngest, Bryan (15 y.o. son), seems to be excited at the idea of coming to visit me during his summer break in June. He is with his father and starts high school tomorrow. It is going to be a huge adjustment being away from my boys and them being totally away from me, but it is time for them to fly a bit. I want them to know they can do anything and they have the power within themselves to make life happen. I can tell them that until I pass out, but they need to see that it is possible. I believe my current quest gives an example of how to make life happen.

Everything else I need to do seems to be falling into place. Storage unit? Check. Boxes? Check. Big stuff sold? Check (except the piano is still lounging around...) Medical checkup? Check. Dental checkup? Check. School supplies packed? Check. Clothes packed? Almost! Laptop? Not yet, but close. Visa? UGH!!! I am so impatient!

So, again I ask, Where Is My Visa??? Soon, the recruiter says, soon. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment